The scientific and technological objectives of the project are:
- To develop an advanced automated navigation solution based on the integration of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) and sensors onboard the SC vehicles.
- To implement a GIS-based control module compatible with existing Terminal Operating Systems (TOS) for optimized global (yard level) route planning and fleet management. The module’s objective is to offer efficient transport logistics within yard operations and compensate for the loss of local driver intelligence
- To implement security mechanism in order to detect and avoid spoofing and/or jamming attack, this makes the whole system more reliable to the cyber-attack
- To assess the impact of application of such automated approach at large scale through simulation
- To integrate, validate and demonstrate the proposed solution in a real port yard